[Samba] XP can't read SAMBA shares - can browse and write

Joncamp jc1 at campbellsolar.com
Tue Jun 6 17:15:59 GMT 2006

Can you email me the smb.conf file you used in your Samba 3.0.14
configuration that allowed you to write to shares.  I have been trying to
get Samba 3.0.14 and 3.0.22 to allow writing to shares from Windows XP
without success.  I can read the shares, browse them, just can not write
files to them.

I'll email you my smb.conf file which allows reading/browsing shares from
Windows XP.

Thanks.