[Samba] Re: Getting NTLM group info about user

Tue Jun 6 15:15:09 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 09:44:24AM -0400, Jeremiah Martell wrote:
> >I use samba on my linux box to register to a remote windows domain. I
> >start up winbindd. Then I use "net join -S PDC -U user%pass" to join
> >to the domain. I can test it out by authenticating myself with "wbinfo
> >-a user%pass" which works fine.
> >
> >Id like to get back what groups I'm in. I tried "wbinfo -r ME" but it
> >doesn't work: "Could not get groups for user ME". I've verified that I
> >am actually in some groups in the windows box (active directory).

Did you log in using wbinfo -a before issuing the wbinfo -r?
If not, then there is not much hope. If you did, we have a
bug. We have made a lot of changes here for 3.0.23, so it
would be great if you could test 3.0.23rc1 or even better
current 3_0 SVN.

Volker