[Samba] Redhat Authconfig errors

listserv.traffic at sloop.net listserv.traffic at sloop.net
Fri Jun 2 16:36:20 GMT 2006

Ok, I've got most everything setup, but I'm not able to confirm
pam_ldap and nss_ldap are working properly. (Actually given the
examples in SBE, they still appear to be returning information from
local files rather than the ldap info.)

I wanted to go back and check my authconfig and reset the parameters.

However now when I do a authconfig I get this:

----
authconfig --enablecache --enableldap --ldapserver=127.0.0.1 --ldapbasedn="dc=sncc-pdc,dc=net" --enableshadow --enablemd5 --enableldapauth --update
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/authconfig", line 738, in ?
    module.run()
  File "/usr/sbin/authconfig", line 323, in run
    self.readAuthInfo()
  File "/usr/sbin/authconfig", line 228, in readAuthInfo
    self.info = authinfo.read(self.printError)
  File "/usr/share/authconfig/authinfo.py", line 594, in read
    info.read()
  File "/usr/share/authconfig/authinfo.py", line 1338, in read
    self.readWinbind()
  File "/usr/share/authconfig/authinfo.py", line 904, in readWinbind
    tmp = self.readWinbindGlobal("workgroup")
  File "/usr/share/authconfig/authinfo.py", line 893, in readWinbindGlobal
    if not section or section != "global":
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'section' referenced before assignment

---
Any idea what's causing this. I hate to be so dense, but I simply
can't find anything that explains this...and I've looked.

THA
-Greg