[Samba] Re: debug level 10 log

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Jun 1 00:49:58 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 10:34:23AM +1000, Adam Nielsen wrote:
> > The other thing you can try is setting "acl check permissions = no"
> > on that share (or globally). This will stop Samba checking at
> > open time if the file can be deleted.
>
> That made a difference - if that option is set then I can delete the
> file.

Ok, so it's not reading the ACLs on your file correctly - looks
like either the POSIX ACLs are not being detected or used in configure
or there's some bug. It looks from the logs like the ACL code isn't
turned on. Try adding some simple debug level zero's in the code path
in check_posix_acl_group_write() to see if it's being executed correctly.
What Samba version are you using ?

> What is strange though is that a directory with the same permissions
> can always be deleted.

Actually not unusual as Windows doesn't do the "open with delete intent"
for directories as it does with files - so this code doesn't get executed.

Jeremy.