[Samba] Cannot delete files from samba share

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Jun 1 00:02:56 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 10:01:07AM +1000, Adam Nielsen wrote:
> > Can you send me a debug level 10 log from the smbd when you attempt to
> > delete the file along with the name of the file you're trying to
> > delete.
>
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Have you had a chance to check the debug level 10 log I sent you when I
> was having this problem?  This seems like exactly the same issue, and
> there's now a third person having this problem (see the message from
> "s b" a couple of threads after this one.)
>
> It's looking more and more like it could be a bug in Samba...especially
> as it allows you to delete directories and not files, even though they
> have the same permissions!

Nope - I forgot about the debug level 10 log :-(. In my defense,
things get busy around here. Now I've (obviously :-) got more time
can you resend with the version of Samba you reproduced it on and
the name of the file you're trying to delete. Let's start this from
scratch again ! (sorry :-).

Jeremy.