[Samba] Cannot delete files from samba share

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Thu Jun 1 00:01:07 GMT 2006

> Can you send me a debug level 10 log from the smbd when you attempt to
> delete the file along with the name of the file you're trying to
> delete.

Hi Jeremy,

Have you had a chance to check the debug level 10 log I sent you when I
was having this problem?  This seems like exactly the same issue, and
there's now a third person having this problem (see the message from
"s b" a couple of threads after this one.)

It's looking more and more like it could be a bug in Samba...especially
as it allows you to delete directories and not files, even though they
have the same permissions!

Cheers,
Adam.