[Samba] 3.0.22 smbd/oplock.c:oplock_timeout_handler

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Jul 30 18:43:14 GMT 2006

> Dmitry Melekhov skrev:
> >Hello!
> >
> >Our users created very large excel file - about 60 Mb, then when they
> >want to open it from samba share, they can't.
> >I see in log:
> >
> >[2006/07/26 12:33:20, 0] smbd/oplock.c:oplock_timeout_handler(366)
> > Oplock break failed for file file.xls -- replying anyway

That means the client failed to reply to the break request.
Usually means a network or client driver/software problem.

Get a network trace to be sure.

> >Could you tell me what can I do to solve this problem?
> >
> >btw, there are no problems in network, looks like file is too large
> >and timeout is because of it's size...

How do you know there are no problems in the network - have
you done a trace ?

People have this wonderful faith in their networks. I remember
feeling the same until I consistently had ssh sessions fail in
the middle of a multi-gigabyte transfer. Replacing the switch
with a more expensive one fixed the problem. Most cheap networking
hardware is junk.

Jeremy.