[Samba] Fedora core 5 and Samba

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Fri Jul 28 16:24:11 GMT 2006

Kirk Henry wrote:
> [2006/07/26 10:00:09, 0] smbd/server.c:main(847)
>   smbd version 3.0.23-1.fc5 started.
>   Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2006
> smbd: symbol lookup error: smbd: undefined symbol: cupsLangDefault

i read your post prior to upgrading my production print server and was
concerned so i tested it on a test print server first; it worked without
the error you got.  then i upgraded the production print server, also
without issue.  i am using the following stock fedora rpms:

samba-client-3.0.23a-1.fc5.1
samba-3.0.23a-1.fc5.1
samba-common-3.0.23a-1.fc5.1

cups-1.2.2-1.1
cups-libs-1.2.2-1.1

are you using the samba rpms from samba.org or the ones from fedora?

--
Anthony
http://messinet.com