[Samba] Problem with domain admins - net groupmap

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri Jul 28 13:55:50 GMT 2006

Hi,

today I tried to setup domainadmins for local administration tasks like
installing software etc.

I followed the instructions to create a unix group and added unix users
to the group. The same user had a working roaming windows profile.

After that I did a "net group add ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=admin".

After logging on to the windows xp SP2 workstation, I'm still a "normal"
user, gettinmg the message, that I don't have local administration
priviliges.

So I started googling and found an information, that I may have two
Domain Admin groupmaps. That was right, so I deleted the newly created
one and modified the existing one:

net groupmap modify sid=S-1-5-21-3348813608-2003740952-1141461195-512
unixgroup=admin

After loging on to the xp workstation, I still have no admin rights.

The server is a RedHat Enterprise 3, kernel 2.4.21-40.ELsmp,
samba-3.0.9-1.3E.7.

Any Ideas or hints what to check? Which services have to run on the
server, what smb.conf options are involved?

Thanks for any hint, tip and troubleshouting-guide!

Regards

Götz Reinicke
--
Götz Reinicke