[Samba] Incorrect handling of group permissions

Peter Trifonov petert at dcn.infos.ru
Thu Jul 27 13:44:45 GMT 2006

Dear Jerry,
> > -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   16664 Jul 24 13:39
> > /usr/local/lib/nss_winbind.so.1
> > -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  748308 Jul 24 13:39
> > /usr/local/lib/nss_wins.so.1
>
> These should in in /lib, not /usr/local/lib (unless you have
> explicitly configured NSS to look in /usr/local/lib which I
> don't know how to do).

FreeBSD's nsswitch seems to be able to look in /usr/local/lib.
I have tried to create symlink to those libraries in /lib, but this did not
change anything.
These libraries were located in /usr/local/lib for previous Samba versions
as well.
But when I renamed nss_winbind.so.1, ADS user/group name resolution stopped
to work at all. From this
I conclude that nsswitch does recognize the library, but the library itself
is broken somewhere.

With best regards,
P. Trifonov