[Samba] Winbind dies redux

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Jul 26 16:07:43 GMT 2006

On Wednesday July 26 2006 11:33 am, you wrote:
> Dimitri Yioulos wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I fear I''ve become a pita with this, but
> > windbind periodically dying  on one of my machines
> > is really starting to cause grief, and I have
> > no idea what might be causing it, especially as
> > the same config is  used on several similar boxes
> > which do not exhibit the problem. While I've posted the
> > problem previously, I thought that maybe this
> > latest log entry after winbind dies might help with
> > finding the  solution:
>
> Is there a bug # for this?  If not, please make one.

I'll do this shortly.

> > lib/fault.c:dump_core(173)  dumping core in
> > /var/log/samba/cores/winbindd : 2 Time(s)
> > lib/fault.c:fault_report(42) INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 6 in pid 2102
> > (3.0.23)  Please read the
>
> There's a abort() call somewhere....

Ok.

> > Trouble-Shooting section of the Samba3-HOWTO : 1 Time(s)
> > lib/fault.c:fault_report(42)  INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 6 in pid
> > 9172 (3.0.23a)  Please read the Trouble-Shooting section of the
> > Samba3- HOWTO : 1 Time(s) lib/fault.c:fault_report(44)    From:
> > http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba3-HOWTO.pdf : 2 Time(s)
> > lib/util.c:log_stack_trace(1699)  BACKTRACE: 26 stack frames
> > #0 winbindd(log_stack_trace+0x2d) [0xcd2ded]
> > #1 winbindd(smb_panic+0x75) [0xcd2c95]
> > #2 winbindd [0xcbe3e6]
> > #3 /lib/tls/libc.so.6 [0x28f0d8]
> > #4 /lib/tls/libc.so.6(abort+0x1d5) [0x290705]
> > #5 winbindd [0xcf99e2]
> > #6 winbindd [0xcf9c65]
> > #7 winbindd(cli_krb5_get_ticket+0x242) [0xcfa142]
>
> Can you get a backtrace with debug symbols?  The only report
> of this I've seen was fixed by upgrading the krb5 libs.
> What server platform and krb5 version are you using?

Server is CentOS 3.7.  Krb version is 1.2.57.

I've searched quite a bit about how to run a backtrace with debug
symbols, but come up with nothing useful to me.  I've found Tridge's
backtrace script, but don't how to use it.  I would appreciate your
kind assistance with how to do the backtrace.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.