[Samba] net rpc group returns nothing

Steven Rice srice555 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 06:50:01 GMT 2006

Hello,

I'm configuring a samba PDC/BDC with an ldap backend.
Everything seams to be working great expect for
groups.  The problem I'm experincing is "net rpc
group" returns nothing, mkgroup on cygwin can't find
groups, and usrmgr.exe is not displaying groups.
However, getent group returns all of the LDAP groups.

I have spent a few hours beating my head against the
wall trying to figure this one out.  I'm at lost.
Where should I start looking to fix this issue?

Thanks!