[Samba] login to ms access db very slow on samba 3.x

o.widmer at riskreturn.ch o.widmer at riskreturn.ch
Tue Jul 25 15:00:03 GMT 2006

Hi Brian

Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately I am not at all familiar with doing
this. Would that involve strace? I took a glimpse at the man pages of
strace, but I don't know if I could produce some useful output with it.
But maybe I got you wrong and there's an easier way? I must admit that
although I'm not totally samba-illiterate, I'm no pro either (obviously :)

cheers
Oli

Brian Cowan <brcowan at gmail.com> wrote on 25.07.2006 16:32:06:

> Have you tried running network traces with Samba 2.x and 3.x and
> comparing the results. I suspect that at least one newer smb feature is
> killing you...
>
> o.widmer at riskreturn.ch wrote:
> > hi everybody
> >
> > we have been reading through the archives for quite some time now, and

> > could not find a solution to our problem. please excuse if we
overlooked
> > something and our question was already answered elsewhere...
> >

> > we have Samba version 3.0.14a-Debian running on (you guessed it)
debian
> > with kernel  2.6.8-2-386.
> >
> > ever since our migration from samba 2.x we have speed issues with an
ms
> > access database which gets accessed by multiple users through an
> > access2000 runtime application running on windows clients (2000 and
XP).