[Samba] Re: samba-3.0.23a, get_dc_list failures
a.nazarenko at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 19:51:50 GMT 2006
Rex Dieter wrote:
> $ net ads testjoin -d4
> and found that it returns:
> [2006/07/24 10:12:27, 4] libsmb/namequery.c:get_dc_list(1502)
> get_dc_list: returning 2 ip addresses in an unordered list
> [2006/07/24 10:12:27, 4] libsmb/namequery.c:get_dc_list(1503)
> get_dc_list: 22.214.171.124:389 126.96.36.199:1160662094
> which is *totally* not right for our site (not even close).
> running the aforementioned command using samba-3.0.22 does return the
> correct values for get_dc_list.
I believe may be experiencing the same problem.
Today I upgraded from 3.0.22 to 3.0.23a.
I am using "security = ads" and at first everything worked ok.
However, when I tried to access previously mapped share after some
period of inactivity, I started getting errors like this:
get_dc_list: returning 10 ip addresses in an unordered list
[2006/07/24 21:47:13, 4] libsmb/namequery.c:get_dc_list(1503)
get_dc_list: 10.254.212.194:389 10.254.212.192:389 10.66.2.209:389
188.8.131.52:389 184.108.40.206:389 220.127.116.11:389 18.104.22.168:389
22.214.171.124:389 126.96.36.199:389 188.8.131.52:389
[2006/07/24 21:47:28, 1] libads/cldap.c:recv_cldap_netlogon(213)
no reply received to cldap netlogon
As Rex Dieter above I can confirm that those IP addresses are coming
totally "out of the blue".
I fixed this issue by setting the parameter "password server = " to
the fixed of our LDAP servers. However, I can also confirm that
version 3.0.22 worked ok and did not need this parameter.
More information about the samba