[Samba] XP doesn't save passwords to shares

Adam Williams awilliam at mdah.state.ms.us
Fri Jul 21 13:05:04 GMT 2006

I've taken over administration of 25 XP computers that connect to a
samba server (arrowhead).  I need the to connect to a share on another
samba server (roark) as guest.  On the XP computers when i do
\\roark\share or \\arrowhead\share it asks for a username and password,
but it doesn't have the checkbox to save the username and password.  All
of the XP computers and samba servers use encrypted passwords.  So, how
can I get the checkbox back on the dialog box?