[Samba] Windows XP-2000 clients open a samba shared folder, sorting is wrong

Komal Shah countofdracula at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 09:55:44 GMT 2006

Hello,

In all windows clients, when opening a samba shared folder, file sorting
is wrong. Normally I should have folders before of files, and then I
should have files sorted by names (alphabetically). But it is not.

In web forums I found that could be a "touch" problem.
I tried "touch *" in a NON-important folder and it worked!

But I cannot do this in folders where files should be recognized by date.

Please let me if there is a workaround available.

Thanks

Regards,

Komal