[Samba] Problem with 3.0.23 upgrade from 3.0.22 with rfc2307 patch

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Tue Jul 18 12:41:37 GMT 2006

I have managed to isolate where the problem is, now I need to work out
what the problem is?

I have a group

cohtech:*:16777225:lesley,howard,ecbull

in which I am a member - howard.

I have a

valid users = +cohtech

entry in smb.conf for the share I am trying to connect to, I get the
following reported in the machine.log file -

zebra.log:  string_to_sid: Sid +cohtech does not start with 'S-'.

and the users get rejected. If I declare the user directly then access
is allowed.

This server gets its group database from the AD controllers via RFC2307.

Anybody know why group expansion may be broken in 3.0.23?

Howard Wilkinson wrote:

> No I already had this turned on!
>
> Gautier, B (Bob) wrote:

Howard Wilkinson