[Samba] Re:Re:Re...Failed to verify incoming ticket!

Linefeed Feed linux_giant at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 18 12:32:04 GMT 2006

Hi Jerry,

I wrote in my last message that I could connect  to Samba Server with
different netbios name,not same as the hostname ..
Bu now I can't.
While I was working on it I saw such a thing . But I don't now how it
occured.
My problem is still same as before.

This problem stays on my way as a huge rock :(

Linefeed Feed wrote:

>>I have configured Samba 3.0.10 to act as a file server(RHEL4) in Windows
>>2000 AD domain. I have also configured Kerberos
>>1.3.4 for authentication between W2K PDC and Samba box.
>>wbinfo -u and -g works fine. My problem is that I cannot
>>connect Samba Server via Windows Browser, Network Neighborhood,
>>Windows Explorer etc. When I try to connect I prompted
>>User/Password dialog box which says "Incorrect password
>>or unknown username for: \\SambaFileServer

>>Failed to verify incoming ticket!

There is some krb5 failure, but you don't give enough information
to know what.

>>If I go to Start/Run and write Samba Server's IP adress I can connect to
>>shares on that without any problem.

The client is falling back to NTLM authentication in
this case.

cheers, jerry