[Samba] continuous access to printer causes high memory usage

x mczueira at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jul 18 03:20:51 GMT 2006

hi Roel,

i had some problems with ms windows 2000 and xp too.
i founded that if i install the patches in the right
order (older first then newer) almost all bugs are
solved. beyond this, i founded that windows update,
windows service update (wsus), sus and etc .... does
not install patches in the right order. so many bugs
are not fixed.

for instance:

- install windows 2000
- using windows update, install ie 6 sp1
- then install sp3

with this you will discover that sp3 overwrite some
fixes from ie 6 sp1 and that ie sp1 has some bugs
"already fixed" and you can not install the patches
with windows update or whatever.

if you install sp4 it will not help with anything,
neither fixing bugs.

Marcos.

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-November/096146.html

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-November/096492.html