[Samba] Changing timestamp when copying files to Samba share

Jeff Mello jmello at bbn.com
Mon Jul 17 13:40:58 GMT 2006

Hi,

Is there some way of doing this? When I copy a file from Windows XP onto
a Samba share, I want it to reflect the current time, instead of
preserving the windows "Date Modified" time. This works by default in
Unix. Windows preserves the timestamp by default.

'dos filetimes' and 'dos filemode' in smb.conf don't seem to do the
trick. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeff

Here's my setup:
Samba 3.0.7 running on Gentoo Linux system.

Output from 'testparm' command (with small edits to protect the innocent):

[global]
        workgroup = WINDOWS
        security = DOMAIN
        log level = 4