[Samba] Failed to verify incoming ticket!

Linefeed Feed linux_giant at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 17 11:09:33 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I have configured Samba 3.0.10 to act as a file server(RHEL4) in Windows
2000 AD domain. I have also configured Kerberos 1.3.4 for authentication
between W2K PDC and Samba box. wbinfo -u and -g works fine. My problem is
that I cannot connect Samba Server via Windows Browser, Network
Neighbourhood,Windows Explorer etc. When I try to connect I promted
User/Password dialog box which says "Incorrect password or unknown username
for: \\SambaFileServer

Another thing to say , there is another clue in
/var/log/samba/W2K_PDC-IPAddress.log
smbd7sesssetup.c:reply_;spnego_kerberos(173)
Failed to verify incoming ticket!

If I go to Start/Run and write Samba Server's IP adress I can connect to
shares on that without any problem.

What is the wrong?

ASAP response wil be appreciated.
Thanks,