[Samba] Domain problems

Anders Bonden bonden at nu.no
Sat Jul 15 14:28:00 GMT 2006

Hi.

I'm having a strange issue with samba after upgrading to libsmbclient to
version 3.0.23-3.1.33%nil-SUSE-SL9.2 on my SuSE 9.2 fileserver.

On most machines i get the error-message
cannot log you in because the domain NU-TEST is not available.

However, on one machine I am able to log in as domain-administrator but
not as regular user.

My logs prints the same error-message several times when I restart samba:

ldap_initialize: Bad parameter to an ldap routine
lib/smbldap.c:smb_ldap_setup_conn

(with dates and servername in front)

Does anybody know what is wrong?

All config files is the same as before the upgrade. I usually upgrade
the samba-packages as soon as upgrades is available.

Thank you for helping.

Anders Bonden