[Samba] Cross-Subnet Browsing Problem

Todd Pytel tppytel at sophrosune.org
Sat Jul 15 01:17:32 GMT 2006

Craig White wrote:

> I believe what you want is 'remote announce' - you can get a good
> definition of it's usage in the man page for smb.conf

I've tried that as well (using remote announce = 192.168.0.255), but it
didn't seem to make any difference. That might be a routing issue - I
didn't thoroughly check whether the machine doing the routing will pass
broadcasts like that. But in any event, my understanding is that the
"remote" options were basically dirty hacks that shouldn't be necessary
anyway. I know that in the past when I've had this working I didn't need
to use them.

--Todd