[Samba] testing a 2000 queues print server with smbtorture

Bruno Gomes Pessanha bruno.pessanha at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 22:46:18 GMT 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm very interested in samba testing subject. Because I need to plan a
samba/cups/linux 2000 queues print server migration from W2K. But before that, I
wanted to generate the service load before listen users claiming the server is
running under a low performance. Somebody knows a good test set to simulate
printing share connections from clients in my print server using smbtorture? I
don't know how to start... I didn't find any good source of information on how
to test a samba server with smbtorture. Somebody knows any reference to suggest?

Thanks in advance,

Bruno Gomes Pessanha