[Samba] Q: mount -t smbfs: "cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have disabled it."

Ulrich Windl ulrich.windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Jul 14 06:58:23 GMT 2006

On 14 Jul 2006 at 15:47, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> smbfs does not support SMB signing.  Try the more modern cifsfs.

Thanks for the hint, it actually helped. However I'm having the problem that
	mount -t cifs -ouser=uname //rkapoka1/HostData ~/stest
works when entering the password interactively, while
	mount -t cifs -ocredentials=scred //rkapoka1/HostData ~/stest
does not work when the correct password had been specified in the credential file
as documented.

OK, found that as well: there are no blanks allowed around '=' (in contradiction
to "cmb.conf standards". Maybe add an extra line of warning to the manual page of
mount.cifs.

Problem solved now, thanks for the excellent reply, and sorry about my dumbness.

Ulrich