[Samba] domain/WINS problem

Vincent Fonteneau fonteneau at dynetcom.fr
Tue Jul 11 15:55:46 GMT 2006

I'm not expert with WINS server but i've worked on for few days.

Buy looking to your log message you could see the
wins_registration_timeout: WINS server 127.0.0.1 timed out error.
How have you configured the Wins server in the smb.conf, seems to be on
127.0.0.1 ?
Using samba as wins server by setting : wins support = yes
using samba as wins client by setting : wins server = <ip address wins
server>

Maybe is it possible that nmbd using only lo for listing interface ?

Vincent