[Samba] Want timestamp to change when copying from WinXP to Samba share

Jeff Mello jmello at bbn.com
Tue Jul 11 14:19:49 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

Windows has a default behavior of preserving timestamps when you copy a
file. I want to update the 'Date Modified' timestamp to current time
when I copy a file from Windows XP to a Samba share, just like a unix
file copy would. Is there some way of doing this? Maybe w/ a script?
'dos filetimes' and 'dos filemode' don't seem to do the trick.

Here's my setup:
Samba 3.0.7 running on Gentoo Linux system.

Output from 'testparm' command (with small edits to protect the innocent):

[global]
        workgroup = WINDOWS
        security = DOMAIN
        log level = 4