[Samba] corrupt files on samba server

Edmundo Valle Neto edmundo.valle at terra.com.br
Mon Jul 10 19:14:12 GMT 2006

Jeremy Allison escreveu:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 08:32:26PM +0200, @ichkommnichmehrklar.de wrote:
>

>> We don't compare the md5 checksumes. We cheked our switches to make
>> shure there is nothing  wrong with our network installation. And there
>> are no hardware errors because we are having the problem on two
>> different machines.
>>

> This does not follow. If you're using the same network between
> the two then a network hardware problem would easily cause this.
>
> Definately use md5sum on client and server to check integrity.
>
> Jeremy.

One problem that I had several times and isnt related to samba was with
bad memory. Sometimes the OS installs without problems, can be be used
without problems, but sometimes it corrupts some files, this happens
only when DMA is enabled, I dont know if it can apply to the server too,
but is one thing to try.

On the server you can use md5 to check the files after copy them locally
and on the client you can use QuickSFV.

Regards.

Edmundo Valle Neto