[Samba] corrupt files on samba server

staublunge at ichkommnichmehrklar.de staublunge at ichkommnichmehrklar.de
Mon Jul 10 13:59:36 GMT 2006

Quoting Thorsten Hamester <thorsten_hamester at ape-berlin.de>:

> I think it is not a problem of Samba but from your filesystem.
> Samba get trouble if the filesystem isn't perfect.
> I had the same problems during an upgrade from 2.2 to 3.0.22 with an
> existing ReiserFS
> After reformatting with XFS the problem has gone away.
>
> HTH
> --
> Thorsten Hamester

Ok, this is one possibility wo don't think of. But if this is so, we
would have a big problem. There are 900 GB on the harddisks (Raid5).
So we need to store the data elsewere, reformat the raid and then role
back the data? But what happens with the data which are corrupt on the
server right know. We never got any messages that we have problems
with our fs.

Ok, but thx for the fast answer. I will discuss this with my colleagues.

Ggreetings
Julian