[Samba] Simple Samba Configuration on FC5, Please help!

DuongThanh An dgthanhan at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 8 04:14:19 GMT 2006

Hi!,

I have a simple configuration for samba to have my /shared dir got shared as writable to everyone in my LAN. The configuration, however, seems not to work :(.

Could someone help me out this situation?

My configuration:
[global]
    workgroup = mygroup
    server string = thanhan
    printcap name = /etc/printcap
    load printers = yes
    cups options = raw
    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
    max log size = 50
    security = share
    dns proxy = no
    guest ok = yes
    guest account = root
[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    browseable = no
    writeable = yes
[shared]
    path = /shared
    writeable = yes
    browseable = yes
    guest ok = yes

The /shared dir permission is: 777

When I tried to connect to the share from a Windows machine, I have successully access the directory (without any password prompt) but when I tried to create a new directory I got an "Access Denied" error.

My Samba version is: 3.0.21b-2

Thank you so much for help :)

An

>From :Duong Thanh An
Addr :  442/19 Le Quang Dinh street - W11 - Binh Thanh dist - HCMC - VN
Phone :[None]
E-mail :dgthanhan at yahoo.com