[Samba] New User and "Which List" question

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jul 8 04:12:51 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 12:34 +0200, Cillier Burger wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I'm new so hi to everyone.
>
> Anyway, i'm having a little problem getting  Samba and OpenLdap to play
> together nicely.
>
> Its not a Samba problem, in the sense that everything works fine using
> smbpasswd
> etc and its not an OpenLDAP problem in the sense that the lookups
> and so forth happen flawlessly. I would say that it is a problem with the
> two services talking to each other, lets say, a matter of protocol or
> whatever.
>
> What I would like to know is whether this is the correct list to send my
> query to ?
>
> Just want to find out before I drop my logs and stuff here and a long
> boring description
> of the problem.
----
large logs and long boring descriptions are likely indicative that you
haven't spent much time learning the technologies and are largely
un-focused on the problems that you face.

minimum snippets of logs and short questions indicate a focus of the
problem and a solution is much more likely to result.

Craig