[Samba] Re: Samba hangs over nfs

Fri Jul 7 11:25:08 GMT 2006

> Why is NFS file locking non functional?

I thought the initial problem report was that Samba tends to
hang when re-exporting NFS shares. A very likely candidate
for this kind of problem is that NFS locking does not work
correctly. So I proposed to use 'posix locking = no'. If
that solves the problem then NFS locking seems to not work.
If Samba still hangs even with that setting, then it has not
been NFS locking.

> Is this an issue which can be resolved?

Sure, but this mailing list is the wrong forum for that.

Volker