[Samba] Re: psexec for Linux and svcctl.idl changes

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Jul 6 17:30:06 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 10:10 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 06:44:18PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> > Jeremy Allison wrote:
> >
> > (...)

> > >Tomasz, can you please post this patch to the samba-technical
> > >list rather than leaving it on a web page. That way it's unambiguous
> > >that you want to donate it to Samba under the GPL.
> >
> > I meant (sending) the announcement (to samba list), because originally
> > it was only sent to samba-technical.
> >
> > The author (Andrzej Hajda) sent the patch to samba-technical already:
> >
> > http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2006-June/047847.html
> > http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2006-June/047848.html
>
> No, he sent a link to his web page to Samba technical already.
> I haven't seen the patch on samba-technical, that's what we need
> to see in order to be able to accept it.
He did send the diff to the IDL file, which I've just applied.

However, I'm not too keen on putting in the winexe patch (at least not
in the current state.. I think linking a Windows binary into Samba is a
very very bad idea.

Also, there are also other minor issues:

 * Code style
 * Use of // for comments
 * Use of manually written prototypes in the C files
 * Use of direct headers (<termios.h>, etc) instead of <system/xx.h>
 * CamelCasing
 * The Windows code should (imho) go in some different place
 * Even /if/ we did think including a .exe in Samba was ok, 'winexe'
should be made optional because we don't want to require people to
install MSVC in order to build Samba.

Cheers,

Jelmer