[Samba] Prevent ReadOnly DOS attribute from being set

Steven Cardinal steven.cardinal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 13:21:20 GMT 2006

Thanks - the dos filemode setting did what I needed. I'm hesitant to use the
'store dos attributes' since it appears from the man page that Samba will
then hide all attributes from the clients, which may not work the way some
apps expect it (if they set the RO attribute, they may need to test if it is
RO later, etc). As it is, with just the one change, any user with write
access can modify the attributes, which seems to more closely map to the FAT
way of doing things.

Also, my man pages don't show an option for 'map readonly'. Is that
something added in a version later than 3.0.20?

Thanks again.