[Samba] Re: psexec for Linux and svcctl.idl changes

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jul 6 09:33:57 GMT 2006

> I am not a regular samba developer, but I wanted to have psexec
> equivalent, so I wrote it, it works but still need some development.
> I do not know if patches of such sizes (about 30k) are welcome on
> this list so I've put it on web page, with some description:
> http://eol.ovh.org/winexe/
> Comments welcome.

Hi, this is really great, you can get Windows command line (cmd) in your
Linux shell:

[tch at tomek Desktop]$ uname -r
2.6.16-1mdk
[tch at tomek Desktop]$ ./winexe -W LAPTOK -U Administrator
//192.168.151.11 "cmd.exe"
Password for [LAPTOK\Administrator]:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ver
ver

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I'm sending this also to samba list, this tool has been very often
requested on various Samba groups.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org