[Samba] Trouble accessing to shortcuts and Writing to Shares in Windows XP (Samba 3.0.22)

Andres Tarallo tarallo at ort.edu.uy
Wed Jul 5 21:32:43 GMT 2006

Jeremy:
Aside from what I've sent to you I've been doing further investigations.
We're very pushed to solve this problem or at least find a workaround.

We isolated the case where this problem appears:

** The computer starts into the desktop without asking for password.
This computer  starts the session with a user and password set by
default, matching a valid user for  the server.

We're using Samba 3.0.23rc3, compiled from the sources.