[Samba] unable to smbpasswd -a

User 1 signmeup at lippogeneral.com
Tue Jul 4 04:03:16 GMT 2006

Dear Expert,
I am very new with this, I was unable to smbpasswd -a .. could any body
please help .. what have I missed?

Thanks & Regards
Win

[root at samba guest]# smbpasswd -a user3
Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction: Protocol error
Connection to LDAP server failed for the 1 try!
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction: Protocol error
Connection to LDAP server failed for the 1 try!
Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction: Protocol error
Connection to LDAP server failed for the 1 try!
ldapsam_modify_entry: Failed to modify user dn=
uid=user3,ou=Users,dc=lippogener
al,dc=com with: Strong(er) authentication required
        modifications require authentication
ldapsam_update_sam_account: failed to modify user with uid = user3, error:
modif
ications require authentication (Success)
Failed to modify entry for user user3.
Failed to modify password entry for user user3
[root at samba guest]#