[Samba] Failed to set servicePrincipalNames 3.023rc3

Henrik Zagerholm henke at mac.se
Mon Jul 3 08:24:19 GMT 2006

Hi list,

I get this error when joining my samba server to the domain.

Failed to set servicePrincipalNames. Only NTLM authentication will be
possible.
Please ensure that the DNS domain of this server matches the AD domain,
Or rejoin with using Domain Admin credentials.
Joined 'CUBE' to realm 'KIC.SE'

I joined the same machine to the domain a couple of days ago using
samba 3.0.22 and then everything worked OK.

I haven't changed anything on the W2k3 Server. (I only removed the
old compuer account of-course)

I've tried to find some explanation for this problem on the big ole
net but I only get one google hit ad that is to the svn repo.

Cheers,
Henrik