[Samba] Administrator is root - I don't like it

Steve A gmane at rowyerboat.com
Sun Jul 2 02:46:47 GMT 2006

The "Samba-3 by Example" instructs you to make a mapping, "root =
Administrator".  Is this absolutely necessary?  What if someone hacks a
Windows machine and is able to supply Administrator credentials to Samba?

Is there a way around this?  I can live with having to supply root
credentials in Windows when joining a Samba domain (but if there were
another way I would love to know how!), but I wouldn't want any network
admin to be able to screw with root's account.

Many thanks,
Steve : )