[Samba] Secure Share

Webb, Mr Scott (CTR) WebbS at centcom.mil
Tue Jan 31 10:04:58 GMT 2006

I have Samba loaded on a Solaris 8 box. And that is where the shares
reside. Personnel use Windows Explorer and map a drive to these shares.
Right now, it's wide open for anyone logged onto the domain. I'm trying
to create a share in Samba that affords some kind of security, whether
that is password protection, or group policy that only allows certain
users access. Is this possible in Samba? To have multiple security
configs in the smb.conf?

If so, how do I do it?

Thanks!

Scott Webb