[Samba] RE: Print Migrator help needed...

Geoffrey Scott geoffs at guestshire.com
Tue Jan 31 23:36:31 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Aarti Varshney (asadhnan) wrote:
>>
>> This snippet from the error log: Looks like something is timing
>> out... Anyone knows how to increase the timeout?
>
> Aarti,
>
> I don't think it's a timeout issue.  I think the client is just
> disconnecting due to the failed access check. ...

Both Arti and I can successfully individually add printers from windows
clients.  But in my case the spooler thing doesn't seem to exist.

>> 2006:01:25 15:35:38   Access Granted to: \\sambaShare
>> 2006:01:25 15:35:38   Couldn't start the target spooler
>> 2006:01:25 15:35:38   Remote Tree View Failed ....
>
> You can use the "Manage you computer" mmc plugin against the Samba
> box to test starting/stopping the internal spooler server (nothing to
> do with cups). to debug the access checks.

On a debian Sarge box this is what I get in the log for the machine
connected from after using the mmc plugin:

sh: line 1: /usr/lib/samba/svcctl/NETLOGON: No such file or directory
sh: line 1: /usr/lib/samba/svcctl/Spooler: No such file or directory
sh: line 1: /usr/lib/samba/svcctl/Spooler: No such file or directory

It looks like the samba packages for Debian don't set it up:

# ls /usr/lib/samba/
idmap  vfs

Should the Debian package set it up for me?  Should I log another bug for
Simo to look at?