[Samba] 3.0.21b +pam_winbindd

Batty, Richard richard.batty at logicacmg.com
Tue Jan 31 17:43:02 GMT 2006

Ive installed and configured samba using

cd samba-3.0.21b/source
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-krb5=/usr/local \
            --with-automount \
            --with-pam \
            --with-utmp \
            --with-winbind \
            --with-libsmbclient \
		--with-ldap \
            --with-netlib='-lresolv'
make
make install
cp nsswitch/pam_winbind.so /usr/lib/security
cp nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so /lib/nss_winbind.so.1
ln -s /lib/nss_winbind.so.1 /usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.1

I can browse my samba shares and the active directory 2003 authentication works fine.

Ive modified pam.conf so rlogin should use pam_winbind

rlogin  auth sufficient /usr/lib/security/$ISA/pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
rlogin  auth sufficient /usr/lib/security/pam_winbind.so try_first_pass
rlogin  auth required   /usr/lib/security/$ISA/pam_unix.so.1

however if I try and login using

rlogin -l AD03+richard.batty localhost

it fails but

wbinfo --authenticate=AD03+richard.batty%password

works fine, any ideas?