[Samba] Re: Cannot map guest shares in 'security = SERVER' mode onsamba-3.0.9

Rene Kapeller rene.kapeller at psi.ch
Tue Jan 31 14:36:33 GMT 2006

Anybody out there, who has a samba server running in 'security = SERVER'
mode, while providing a 'public/guest' share?

Again, this used to work on samba-2.2.9!!!

Could it be a bug in samba-3.0.9?
Is there something that has to be changed on XP?

I am willing to do more testing/trying/debugging ....

Config and logs:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2006-January/116901.html

Thanks for any hint!
Rene