[Samba] Samba RPM packages for all SuSE Linux products (was: Samba 3.0.21b Available for Download)

Lars Müller lmuelle at SuSE.de
Tue Jan 31 11:41:36 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 08:33:50PM -0600, Gerald Carter wrote:
[snip]
> Binary packages are available at
>
> 	http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

RPM packages of Samba 3.0.21b for all SuSE Linux products are available
at ftp://ftp.SuSE.com/pub/projects/samba/3.0/ or
http://ftp.SuSE.com/pub/projects/samba/3.0/

Currently there are packages for SuSE Linux (x86 and x86_64) 9.1, 9.2,
9.3, 10.0, UnitedLinux 1/ SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 8, SLES 9,
and factory (= the currently developed product).

Packages for ppc are only available for 10.0, SLES 8, SLES 9, and
factory as there are no other SuSE Linux product of this architecture.

Please inform us if you have different architectures (ia64, s390) and
like to see Samba RPM packages for these too.

The same packages are also available at
http://download.Samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/SuSE/3.0/

Please use a mirror close to your site.  A list of Samba.org mirrors is
available at http://Samba.org/  There choose a mirror at the right top
of the page.

There are also a bunch of SuSE mirrors.  A list of international mirror
sites is at
http://www.novell.com/products/suselinux/downloads/ftp/int_mirrors.html
A list of mirrors in Germany is at
http://www.novell.com/products/suselinux/downloads/ftp/germ_mirrors.html

If you encounter any problem with these packages please don't blame the
Samba Team.  Instead file a bug to https://bugzilla.Samba.org/, pick
product Samba 3.0, then select 'component' Packaging and set 'assign to'
to lmuelle at suse dot de.  Or use http://bugzilla.Novell.com instead.

Our customers, our products, our responsibility.

Have a lot of fun...

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]