[Samba] Secure Share

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jan 31 09:31:31 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 10:53 +0300, Webb, Mr Scott (CTR) wrote:
> I am trying to create an individual secure share in Samba. We have it
> loaded on a Solaris box and our users access the shares using Windows
> Explorer. It appears that everything I've read only allows me to create
> secure shares for all the shares. Is there a way to create individual
> secure shares? Those can be password protected or not.

I'm a little unclear what you mean by a 'secure share'.

Many aspects of the security protocols operate on the TCP session or the
(potentially multiple) user contexts on that session.  These include SMB
signing in particular.

We don't get the information on what share a user is after at that
point.  However, with %L (see the manpage) we can have two virtual names
with different behaviours.

Andrew Bartlett