[Samba] Can I copy printer print drivers to a new server

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Tue Jan 31 07:10:42 GMT 2006

Adam,

I copied the ntdrivers.tdb file over and it kind of seems to be okay,
but I also seem to have extra leading backslashes. Below is are examples
taken from rpcclient -c "enumdrivers 2". The first is from socrates, the
Samba-2 machine and the second from berkeley, the Samba-3 machine. In
both cases it's the same driver.

Printer Driver Info 2:
Version: [3]
Driver Name: [HP Color LaserJet 3700 PCL 6]
Architecture: [Windows NT x86]
Driver Path: [\\socrates\print$\W32X86\3\UNIDRV.DLL]
Datafile: [\\socrates\print$\W32X86\3\HPC37006.GPD]
Configfile: [\\socrates\print$\W32X86\3\UNIDRVUI.DLL]

Printer Driver Info 2:
Version: [3]
Driver Name: [HP Color LaserJet 3700 PCL 6]
Architecture: [Windows NT x86]
Driver Path: [\\\\BERKELEY\print$\W32X86\3\UNIDRV.DLL]
Datafile: [\\\\BERKELEY\print$\W32X86\3\HPC37006.GPD]
Configfile: [\\\\BERKELEY\print$\W32X86\3\UNIDRVUI.DLL]

The issue of case not withstanding, notice how in the Samba-2 output,
there are only two backslashes before the netbios name and the Samba-3
output has four. Is that normal? Is there something I need to do to fix it?

Thanks,
Rob

--

Rob Tanner