[Samba] [OT] Folder Redirection, Excluded Folders & Custom Default User

Gerard Samuel samba.20.trini0 at spamgourmet.com
Tue Jan 31 00:22:19 GMT 2006

FreeBSD 6.0
Samba 3.0.21 (as a PDC)
Windows XP clients

I've setup roaming profiles with folder redirection, and it works.

As far as I can understand, here is my problem...
I customized the "Default User" in the [netlogon]
share, where it includes directories under My Documents
(like My Music, My Pictures, etc).
But because My Documents is being excluded in the Group Policy,
in WinXP, anytime a new user logs in, it doesn't get copied,
and the "local" My Documents directory is being used as the redirected
folder (which doesn't contain the above customizations).

This scenario happens to all folders that are being excluded.

Besides applying customizations to the local Default User profile on all
clients, is there a way to make winXP use the whole
[netlogon] Default User, during the intial login??

Hope that made sense.
If you need any more info, feel free to ask..