[Samba] Samba on Solaris with LDAP support

Dege, Robert C. robert.dege at ngc.com
Mon Jan 30 17:51:47 GMT 2006

I'm trying to build samba with ldap/ads support on a solaris10 sparc
system.  After some googling, I followed some the advise of others, and
built krb5, openssl, and openldap and installed into /usr/local.

When running configure, I get errors about ldap not being found:

checking for LDAP support... yes
checking ldap.h usability... yes
checking ldap.h presence... yes
checking for ldap.h... yes
checking lber.h usability... yes
checking lber.h presence... yes
checking for lber.h... yes
checking for ber_scanf in -llber... yes
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_set_rebind_proc... no
checking whether ldap_set_rebind_proc takes 3 arguments... 3
configure: error: libldap is needed for LDAP support

I do have LD_LIBRARY_PATH defined with /usr/local/lib, and the CPPFLAGS
is set in the configure line:

# ./configure CFLAGS="-O3 -pipe" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"
--prefix=/usr/local
--sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc/samba --localstatedir=/usr/local/var
--with-ads
--with-krb5=/usr/local --with-ldap --with-quotas --with-acl-support
--with-logfilebase=/var/log/samba
--with-privatedir=/usr/local/etc/samba/private
--with-configdir=/usr/local/etc/samba --with-included-popt

Any help is appreciated.

-Rob