[Samba] NT 4 workstation joining Samba domain

taso ahg4 at aanet.com.au
Mon Jan 30 07:25:46 GMT 2006

Samba 3.0.21b with LDAP backend

The transfer to the Sanba hosted domain appears to work, ie success message,
but I can't log on to a domain account from that workstation, complains
about missing machine account or incorrect password.

Only NT4 workstations seem to be a problem, Win2k and XP are Ok.
NT4 is maximally patched, updated and etc - no registry hacks however.

I checked the LDAP database - a machine account is being created.

Where do I start looking for the cause of the problem?