[Samba] Saving MS Word Documents

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Mon Jan 30 00:26:09 GMT 2006

> I have a user who when he attempts to save a MS Word Document (test
> file.doc) to a samba share gets the following error:
> Word cannot complete the save due to file permission error.
> (I:\samba\directory\test file. Doc)

It works fine for me (Word 2003, Samba 3.0.21rc2.)  Are you sure the
user has enough permission to create, modify and rename files?  (Through
smb.conf as well?)

What happens if you do "Save As" to save under a different filename?
Does that behave differently to saving over the top of an existing file?

Cheers,
Adam.